We wear shoes to enhance our appearance and protect our feet from cold, heat, and objects, which could cause harm to them. All shoes are meant to offer protection from this harm; nonetheless, those created using orthopedic technology tend to be more efficient.
What are orthopedic shoes?
These are shoes designed to provide comfort while ensuring that your feet are in good shape. Orthopedic shoes are designed to give you control while providing therapeutic benefits to your leg, feet, ankle, and toes. Most people deem orthopedic technology as being used to design shoes exclusively for the elderly. Well, that’s not the case. This technology can be used to create shoes for people of all ages regardless of their gender or foot size. Even so, people with health defects such as diabetes, arthritis, heel spurs, and swollen feet benefit more from shoes made using this technology. Below are some of the characteristics of orthopedic shoes that set them apart:
1. Ease of fastening: The majority of orthopedic shoes use hook-and-loop closure. As such, you don’t have to strain to fasten your shoes. This attribute is most appreciated by people who have mobility problems, like diabetes and arthritis.
2. Removable inner sole: This feature enables you to upgrade between the different orthopedic inner soles depending on your needs.
3. Extra width space and diversity in sizes: Every combination of an orthopedic shoe is created in diverse width sizes and general feet size. Some of them can have as many as 60 different size combinations.
4. Sufficient toe space: Orthopedic shoes have sufficient upper space ensuring bunions and hammertoes do not afflict you.
5. Firm base: These shoes have strong heel support that supports your feet more so the heels.
6. Absorption properties: The outer sole and midsoles of orthopedic shoes are cushioned to ensure that your feet do not suffer any shock while you’re moving.
What are the best Orthopedic Shoes?
The need to make shoes more comfortable and healthy has led to shoe companies opting to use orthopedic technology to create ultimate shoes. Some of the most noteworthy orthopedic shoes include:
• Acorn Slippers: This footwear’s comfort puts your mind and feet at ease by providing you with stability. These shoes are specially designed to match the natural shape of feet, thereby providing utmost comfort and balance.
• Apis Footwear: These shoes are created in a different size. No matter your feet’ length or width, you are bound to nd a shoe that offers you comfort while ensuring g that your feet are in fantastic shape.
• Darco Surgical Shoes: These shoes have a perfect balance of both weight and comfort. Their inner soles have a wide assortment of sleeves and braces that help relieve any pain suffered in the feet.
Apart from the three types of orthopedic shoes mentioned above, there are several other options to choose from.
Can a cobbler make an orthopedic shoe?
Cobblers can turn an ordinary shoe into being orthopedic. One of the best cobbler stores is Armando Shoe Repair shop. We make your shoe orthopedic by making alterations to them. Among the tweaks we make include:
• Lowering the height of the heels.
• Cutting off a thin layer of leather from the sole to make it lighter.
• Increasing the width of your shoes to accommodate your toes. These modifications not only provide comfort but also improve the health of your feet.
Are you in need of an orthopedic shoe? Contact Armando shoe repair to have your shoes fixed. We offer excellent shoe repair services that ensure you get appealing yet healthy shoes.