A well-designed pair of leather shoes is the foundation of a person’s ensemble. They are an epitome of a smart look.
Finding the right pair of leather shoes is easier said than done. You need to have a mastery of what to look for in a leather shoe before splurging on them.
While you’ll enjoy the comfort and impeccable look you gain from your leather shoes, they might get ruined after some time due to either lack of maintenance or the wear and tear of daily use. So how can you keep your leather shoes in good shape?
Ways of caring for leather shoes
Your leather shoes are your investment, and as such, you should endeavor to keep them away from substances or conditions that may damages. There are also specific measures that you can take to enhance their longevity. Below is an outline of some of them:
- Ensure that you clean your shoes aCer each wear. You can aJain this by simply wiping them using a brush and a cloth to restore their sparkle.
- Given the delicacy of leather shoes, it’s recommended that you use creams that nourish the leather and slow down their aging process. Avoid polishes that cover up the creases.
- Polish your shoes with brushes made from natural materials with soC, long bristles. Such a brush will give your shoe an eﬀective polish.
- Condition your shoes regularly, preferably after 10-12 polishes.
- Keep in mind that leather shoes should be cleaned when dry. Allow them to dry at room temperature and not by placing them near a source of heat as this would harden their leather.
- Avoid wearing the same pair of leather shoes every day. Alternating between diﬀerent pairs not only allows the leather to dry but also reduces wear and tear.
- Ensure you wear your leather shoes with socks.
- Use a shoehorn when putting on your shoes to prevent the back of the shoes from weakening.
Despite your eﬀorts to keep your leather shoes in pristine shape, there are times when they get damaged anyway. However, don’t fret; the expert touch of a cobbler can restore your leather shoe’s brand new look.
Types of leather shoe repairs done by cobblers
No maJer how much your shoes seem to be damaged, there are high chances that they will be restored if you send them to a professional cobbler. Here are some of the leather repairs oﬀered by these experts:
- Sole repair and resolving: Leather shoes can be resoled with either leather toe pieces or sole protectors. Whether the shoes need half or full resolving, the experts can make it happen.
- Insoles repair and replacement: Deteriorated and worn-out insoles can be replaced by cuTting a matching section of leather and dyed to resemble the original.
- Lining replacement/repair: Leather lining inside your leather shoes are susceptible to wear. Cobblers can replace worn-out linings with similar leather materials.
- Alterations and stretching: Leather is flexible; as such, your shoes can be widened or stretched to meet your specifications.
- Stitching: Upper and interior parts of leather shoes can be stitched to repair any wear and tear.
- Other leather repair services include zipper repair, polishing and nourishing, waterproofing, recoloring, and dying, among other services.
Choosing the best cobbler to repair is vital to getting the perfect repair. Armando shoe repairs have a team of shoe repair experts who guarantee you excellent repair services. Visit Armando shoe repair today for the best leather repair and other shoe repair services.